[X-Unix] Re: Apple dumping IBM, moving to Intel

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 06:51:42 PDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Richard Nagle wrote:

> The sad things, is that all Mac from past to currently,
> what is on the assembly line, are now obsolete. (just like that....)

I wouldn't say that. I'm thinking I may want to buy one of the last
G5's before the transition. Why? Because the architecture has been
well worked out. The first Intel based machines are going to be a Rev
1 in a major way. Apple has always impressed me with their Rev. 1
work, but this is a big change and there will be bugs and
incompatibilities.

What really amazes me is how Apple can make these major transitions
almost effortlessly compared to other companies. That says a lot
about their planning and engineering.

-Mike