[X-Unix] Re: Apple dumping IBM, moving to Intel

Jonathan Armstrong karlarmstrong at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 18:05:00 PDT 2005

It might involve DRM, but all they really need to do two simple things

1) Insert a clause in the license that prohibits you from running OS
X on non-Apple hardware
2) Refuse to support OS X on non-Apple hardware

Even if it runs perfectly and costs half as much, these provisions
will prevent almost all serious buyers from considering the clone
option. Corporate IT will not want to run afoul of licensing issues,
and most professional users insist on support.