[X-Unix] zip from command-line in Tiger

Dave Higgins dave at just4.com
Sun Jun 26 06:42:04 PDT 2005

On Jun 25, 2005, at 10:12 PM, Stephen Jonke wrote:

> One problem with ditto I'm finding is that it won't take multiple
> files and compress them into one zip archive. When using the
> archive option you can only provide one file/folder. So now I guess
> my script will have to copy all the files into a folder, then ditto-
> zip it, then delete the temporary folder. Oh well.

If you happen to have Stuffit Deluxe installed, they include a
command-line "stuff" and "unstuff" tool. Generates actual stuffit
files (with res fork).

I can't remember if version 9.x includes them or not. V 9 does omit
some of the Finder driven (drop) tools that came with v 8.x, so I
ended up installing 8 again, and then 9, in order to have them all. I
don't remember if v 9 includes the command-line tools or if I had to
install 8.x first to get them back after a system restore.

Cool thing is the "unstuff" CL tool will handle anything that Stuffit
Expander will, like .zip and .tar, .rar, etc...

Dave.