[X-Unix] zip from command-line in Tiger

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Jun 26 02:37:01 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 11:14:22AM CDT, ~flipper <lord.flipper at gmail.com> wrote:
:
: I'm having 'issues' with Tigers implementation of bash. I used tcsh
: in Jaguar, for a long time, and got used to it. So, i set it as my
: 'default' in the Tiger version of Terminal.
:
: But if i look into netutil, or netinfo, i see me, as
: <myshortusername>, listing /bin/bash as my default shell. terminal
: opens in tcsh, though.

Yes, that's a Terminal.app preference.  Check it.

: I don't have my .tcshrc file any more, and it's been so long since i
: set it up, in Jag, that i've forgotten some basics. Time to hit the
: books, harder this time.
:
: No MOTD when i launch terminal, yet i have my aliases, that I set up
: myself, like implicitcd, 4-character tab-completion for
: directories/files, etc... same color scheme, even. How is it possible
: to be unable to locate my rc file (I use Xfile, so everything is
: 'visible' in 'my' finder), and yet have alterations that were made in
: it, on my old box, being active?

I don't know what "Xfile" is, but I don't think it's relevant.  But are
you sure you don't have any files like ~/.tcshrc, ~/.cshrc, ~/.login,
or anything else?  Check your home directory for anything that contains
your aliases such as "implicitcd".

: Something is not adding up. Can I still set the PATH with setenv, or
: do i have to use EXPORT like bash? Or is that even a bash 'thing'? It
: all seemed simpler a couple years ago. maybe it's senility.. I don't
: know.
:
: brian s

tcsh lets you use setenv.