[X-Unix] local IMAP server?

Michael Gmail mgrant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 08:55:01 PST 2005

Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not getting much of a response on
MacOSX-Talk, and I don't think this is entirely off-topic here:

I've been avoiding Entourage because I don't want all my mail in a
proprietary database. But Entourage speaks IMAP, doesn't it? Is there
any reason I couldn't set up a local IMAP server on my own machine,
then store all my mail there and access it from any IMAP mail client I
feel like using? How difficult is it? Am I overlooking anything? Can
existing mail be imported?

Thanks,
Michael

--