[X-Unix] local IMAP server?

Kuestner, Bjoern Bjoern.Kuestner at drkw.com
Sun Mar 20 23:36:14 PST 2005

If one of the clients you use is Apple's Mail then be warned that I
eventually gave up on my local IMAP server because Mail had some bugs (or so
it seemed to me). Things got messy and I resorted to the old way of doing
things, i. e. POP, for now. I really like Mail, though, so maybe Tiger's
Mail will fix this.

As for running Postfix to send your own mail: I do that. But it has some
problems, too, as some spam scanners look for private SMTP-servers and then
block that mail. Happens when I send from home to work, for instance.

Bjorn

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166