[X-Unix] local IMAP server?

Kevin Stevens groups at pursued-with.net
Mon Mar 21 00:11:24 PST 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 23:36, Kuestner, Bjoern wrote:

> If one of the clients you use is Apple's Mail then be warned that I
> eventually gave up on my local IMAP server because Mail had some bugs
> (or so
> it seemed to me). Things got messy and I resorted to the old way of
> doing
> things, i. e. POP, for now. I really like Mail, though, so maybe
> Tiger's
> Mail will fix this.

Our experience differs.  I've been using Mail with the Pine IMAP server
(first running on FreeBSD, now on my G5) since OS X was introduced, and
it works fantastic for me.  I even use Mail via IMAP to connect to my
company's Exchange Server across a VPN.  I've considered switching to
Mulberry as a client, simply because I have a friend who is a rabid fan
of it, but it persists in presenting annoying error messages when
network connectivity is lost (as when I sleep/wake my PowerBook).  Mail
just quietly, and presumably happily, resumes its work.

KeS