[X-Unix] local IMAP server?

Kuestner, Bjoern Bjoern.Kuestner at drkw.com
Mon Mar 21 00:50:06 PST 2005

Kevin, that's good to hear.

Still, Apple Mail seems to have some issues. A standard Google search turns
them up.

Interesting, this one suggests that maybe the Courier-Mail combo is the
culprit.

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20050310002903926

You say you used Pine.

Maybe it was just too much for me when I tried to set things up:
- I've never used IMAP before
- I've never set up a server process before (Courier in this case)

Nonetheless things seemed to be working for the most part. Just some weird
behavior in Mail that left me feeling I was putting my data at risk. So I
got out of the game.

I'll probably try again with Tiger.

Bjorn

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166