[X-Unix] local IMAP server?

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Mar 21 03:25:59 PST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 8:50 am, Kuestner, Bjoern wrote:

> Interesting, this one suggests that maybe the Courier-Mail combo is the
> culprit.
>
> http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20050310002903926

That article also links to
<http://macintouch.com/mail.app11.html#mar10> - some of the posters in
the two threads state incorrectly that:
1) it's Courier's fault.
2) the bug described at
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107069> hasn't been
fixed in Panther.

1) It's not Courier's fault. Although the developer of Courier is quite
strong-willed, his point that the IMAP protocol is vague seems to be
fundamentally correct.
2) The Jaguar bug HAS been fixed. I wasn't aware of the "that last IMAP
folder will actually disappear completely from your mailbox drawer"
bug, as I use two accounts (one for personal, and one for business) but
it is slightly but distinctly different from the old one.

Stroller.