[X-Unix] Where can I get pre-compiled Darwin CL programs?

Albert Lunde atlunde at panix.com
Fri Mar 25 08:38:41 PST 2005

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 02:59:43AM +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> And where can I find out more about the ones I already have as part of
> Panther? For instance - if I wanted to try out text editing, or Usenet,
> or email with a CL program using Terminal - where do I begin?

Look at the selection of Mac OSX books from O'Reilly and associates:

http://mac.oreilly.com/

"Mac OS X Panther in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition" is a fine general reference,
and I'd endorse getting it, but not reading it first. It's the place
to go to look up shell commands, vi and emacs editor keymappings, shell
scripting syntax, etc.

Look at the tables of contents of their other books to see what
subjects and treatment suits your background for a tutorial.