[X-Unix] Tiger X11.app and xforwarding in ssh

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Fri May 13 03:16:47 PDT 2005

Sometime in May Stroller assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| On May 12, 2005, at 11:29 pm, John Harrold wrote:
|
| >I upgraded to Tiger recently and when I try to ssh to my linux box using
| >either -Y or -X I cannot start any graphical applications. This worked
| >before in 10.3.9. I can start x11 applications locally, so X11.app is
| >running and working for the local machine. Can anyone offer any hints on
| >how to get this working?
|
| I think X11 > Prferences > Security > Allow connections from network
| clients should do it.

In my X11 Preferences I only have two options: Input and Output

Under Input I have three checkboxes:
 o Emulate three button mouse
 o Use the system keyboard layout
 o Enable Keyboard Shortcuts under X11

Under Output I have  two checkboxes
 o Enable the enter Full Screen menu
 o Use system alert sounds
and one pulldown menu for colors

I don't see a security option anywhere.
                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key B23241CB