[x-unix]from tcsh to bash

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Tue May 17 19:02:36 PDT 2005

Sometime in May sham khalil assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| i'm sorry if i've offended anybody.  i knew that my post could start
| shell or os war.  i'm new to mac os.  i had used freebsd.  but i'm not
| much into programming or shell scripting.  For freebsd, root is default
| to csh.  for other users i set them tcsh.  some postings in freebsd list
| suggest that not to change the root shell and environments.  basically to
| make user feel not easy in root shell.  i'm considering to change my
| default shell to tcsh, but i'm not sure if it has an effect to anything
| else.  from previous posting, i learned that jaguar default shell is
| tcsh,  but it was changed to bash in panther.  i just need to know.  not
| to start a war.

Don't worry, this isnt a war. I was just trying to represent a different
perspective and demonstrate how some statements could be taken. I didn't
take anything pejoratively and I apologize if I offended flipper, though I
don't believe that I did ;)..

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key B23241CB