[x-unix]from tcsh to bash

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Wed May 18 04:51:18 PDT 2005

sham khalil wrote:

>from previous posting, i learned that jaguar default shell is tcsh,
>but it was changed to bash in panther.
>i just need to know.  not to start a war.
>
>thanks folks for the feedback,
>i get valuable information from the list
>it's where i got to know how do things in unix or other os
>
>sham khalil

Hello sham,

You didn't start a 'war' at all. John and i are trading simple
notions, in good faith, and good humor, nothing else.

Given what you wrote in your latest note, i would say that if I were
you, I would simply set my default shell back to /bin/tcsh. That is
exactly what i would do.

That's actually exactly what i did in Tiger here. The system is going
to use sh, anyway, no matter what your default shell is, so the
choice is yours, and there will be zero negative side effects as far
as system operation goes. It is absolutely your choice.

brian s