[X-Unix]from tcsh to bash

Dan Frakes lists at frakes.org
Thu May 19 23:48:07 PDT 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005 22:28:53 -0400, ~flipper <lord.flipper at gmail.com> wrote:
>> if Spotlight were to include /usr/bin by default, a user who searches for
>> "copyright" would end up with literally hundreds of unwanted matches, making
>> the results list pretty unmanageable.
>
> You mean like when I used Spotlight to try and find my daughter's new
> address in "White Plains, NY" ?
>
> And got 63,000 results, a grand total of two of which had anything to
> do with the town of White Plains? Heheh.

So you're saying that because you got too many results *without* Spotlight
automatically searching the 100,000 files in the system/Unix directories,
why not search those files, as well? ;-)

> An implicit boolean AND when parentheses are used, or a command key
> to initiate search-for-phrase, maybe command-Shift for exact words,
> etc.

*This* is in my opinion the biggest problem with Spotlight right now -- no
easy way to do booleans. The code you need to use in the Spotlight bar to do
a boolean search is insane ;-)s