[X-Unix] /bin strange directory ??

David Gilden dowda at coraconnection.com
Mon May 23 18:20:20 PDT 2005

Hello,

what is '['

I see when I do a listing -- see below.....

(inside Panther....)

My-Computer:/bin localUser$ ls
[               date            expr            mv              rmdir           test
bash            dd              hostname        pax             sh              zsh
cat             df              kill            ps              sleep           zsh-4.1.1
chmod           domainname      ln              pwd             stty
cp              echo            ls              rcp             sync
csh             ed              mkdir           rm              tcsh
----

Is this '[' garbage that I can RM?
also I see two listing for zsh, what is the difference.

Thanks,

Dave

(kora musician / audiophile / webmaster @ www.coraconnection.com  / Ft. Worth, TX, USA)