[X-Unix] pronouncing "sudo"

too much mailman lists at mail4.buggysoftware.com
Tue May 24 10:58:13 PDT 2005

Since it's "superuser do" then Sue-Due makes a lot of sense, but I always assumed this was a pun .. instead of s(etting) u(ser), you're just pretending, for a moment, to be someone pseudonymously (I'm sure there's a word in there somewhere), without changing whoareu, so to speak. Otherwise 'dosu', 'suno', or many other letter combinations, seems more apropos. In other words, even if it isn't "pseudo", it ought to be, so that's what it will always be to me.

The truly curious could probably just ask the authors:
http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/sudo.html
but if they say it isn't "pseudo", then they're probably wrong :)

--

Forget about ruling the world, I can barely get the automatic doors at Save-On-Foods to acknowledge my existence.
		-- Douglas Coupland