[X-Unix] Airport chipset documentation release...

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 7 12:46:08 PST 2005

On Nov 7, 2005, at 2:51 am, Eric F Crist wrote:

> I don't normally subscribe to this kind of stuff, but I REALLY want
> passive support for my Airport Extreme card(s).
> http://www.PetitionOnline.com/BCM4301/

Don't get me started about Broadcom!!

I have two messages in my inbox today about the Wanadoo Livebox, which
uses the Broadcom 6345 chipset.
There are a number of routers using this chipset sold running Linux,
and the drivers for the ADSL modem & wireless card are in all cases
closed.

For the Airport Extreme there is a project underway to reverse-engineer
the chipset, however.
http://linux-bcom4301.sourceforge.net/

Stroller.