[X-Unix] mount_hfs situation needing help here

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:37:50 PDT 2005

>OS neXt names partitions and not disks. Disk Utility is a GUI application you should experiment with to format and name or rename HFS+ partitions.

Sorry, OS X gives IDs to partitions and calls the parent drive number 0 or 1 or whatever. It only actually gets verbose regarding the actual partitions. The reason I mentioned the discrepancy was because Apple Sys Profiler had a 'loose' sense of a generic IDE device on the bus, but had no info, or even sign of seeing, any partitions on the generic drive device. Hence my question as to whether I should assign a mount point somewhere in the / directory for the drive, or the partitions themselves.