Setting mailing list options (was: [X-Unix] "open" command syntax?)

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sat Jan 14 18:35:23 PST 2006

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 05:34:56PM CST, Aaron <macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm> wrote:
: Eugene wrote:
[...]
: >"Unsubscribing and List options X-Unix".
:
: Been there, done that -- several times, to no avail!
:
: Here are my choices for what I believe to be the relevant settings:
:
: Receive your own posts to the list?
: Ordinarily, you will get a copy of every message you post to
: the list. If you don't want to receive this copy, set this
: option to No.
: SET TO YES!

Mine is also set to YES.

: Avoid duplicate copies of messages?
: When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a
: list message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the
: mailing list. Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the
: mailing list; select No to receive copies.
: SET TO NO!

Mine is set to YES.

: I'm on several lists on this listserver and I have the same
: problem on all of them. I don't get copies of my own posts.
: Nor, as far as I can tell from my archives, do I get copies of
: posts that have been Cc'd to me.

With my settings, I get a copy of every message I post, but I
don't get duplicates (which is what I want).

: Can somebody tell me what's going on? Does anybody get copies
: of their own posts to the list sent from the list?

I'm not sure what else to suggest.  On the two settings above,
maybe check the "Set globally" checkbox on both and save it.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/