[X-Unix] open-x11

Christina Huggins chuggins at fidlet.com
Thu Jan 26 20:08:32 PST 2006

I have OS X Tiger on a G3 iBook, and I just installed open-x11 from
Fink so that I can open X11 applications from the Terminal app.
However, whenever I try to run an X11 app via that command (e.g.,
open-x11 /opt/local/usr/bin/gimp), I get an error message, like so:

     2006-01-26 23:06:25.115 open[14207] Couldn't open file: /opt/
local/bin/gimp

(Note that I can open gimp fine through an x terminal like aterm.)
Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?  Thanks.

  - Tina