[X-Unix] Where to put my personal Perl Modules?

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Tue Jul 11 08:50:26 PDT 2006

Thanks: Eric, Brian and Doug.  I forgot to say that I also want my scripts
to be portable, so I used Doug's solution, modified for bash:

export PERL5LIB=/sw/lib/perl5:$HOME/bin

Yesterday, when I uploaded this perl script, together with a directory
containing the module, to my web host (DreamHost), it "just worked".  All
the perl tutorials I've read say it is standard practice to put your module
subdirectories in the same directory with your scripts.  Funny that this
doesn't "just work" in OS X.