[X-Unix] adding subtitles to a movie

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Mon Mar 13 01:46:56 PST 2006

I bought a DVD with an excepcional performance of some opera, and to
enjoy it with my family I would like to somehow add subtitles in our
mother tongue to it.

I could extract the contents with HandBrake, or convert the DVD to
some other format, edit that, and burn the modified thing again in a
separate disc. Of course I don't need menu integration etc., a
private copy with custom subtitles you can't switch off would be fine.

I have no experience doing this. What do you recommend?

-- fxn