[X-Unix] OSX and Linux interactivity

Mac Daddy macdaddee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 02:39:25 PDT 2007

Hello all.

While I've been using the OS X command line for years now, I've only
recently taken some courses and gotten certified in RHEL4 and will be
starting a Linux-oriented job (RHEL 4/5 and Fedora) soon. I have
some questions -

1. I run Fedora Core 6 under Parallels on my OS X box. If anyone else
does this, does anyone have a way to Copy and Paste between the 2
environments the same way you can between Mac and a Windows VM? This
would be an INVALUABLE aid!!!  Actually, I suppose whether the Linux
is a VM or not is irrelevant.  Copying and Pasting between Mac Os X
and Fedora isn't VM-dependent.

2.  Can anyone suggest a list like this that is Linux-oriented?
Preferably Fedora or Red Hat.
If not, what other forums would anyone suggest for someone new to
Linux and coming at it from a Mac OS X background?

3. Can anyone suggest an editor that can match the great features of
BBedit under Linux?

Thanks,

MD