[X-Unix] Parallels Dammit! Anyone here running Linux under it?

Mac Daddy macdaddee at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:07:02 PDT 2007

Unlike most people, I'm running FC6 under Parallels on my Mac, not
Windows. I figured I'd be more likely find similar users on the Unix
side of the Mac lists. I hope so.

I'm having an ANNOYING problem where my system clock in the Parallels
environment continuously gains time as the day goes on. If I reset it
with a hwclock command, within a few minutes it's as much as 5
minutes fast, and within about 30 it's an hour ahead. And
everything's all shot to HELL if I put my Mac to sleep and wake it
back up. Time's just all over the place.

The more I google it the more I am convinced this is a hardware
problem, not a Fedora problem, the "hardware" here being the
Parallels VM. The time and zone of the greater Mac outside is always
correct. This is a problem because I need to immerse myself in the
Linux environment at work and send e-mail from within there ...
frequently time-stamped in the future, sometimes the past (after
sleeping my Mac)!  Grrrrr!

Has anyone encountered this? And hopefully resolved it?

-md