[X-Unix] Ubuntu [Was: Poke...]

Alexandre Gauthier alex at underwares.org
Thu Aug 14 11:43:51 PDT 2008

Simon Forster a écrit :

> On 14 Aug 2008, at 17:24, Doug McNutt wrote:

>>> So how is it? Are you productive with it or is it simply a time sink?
>>
>> I'd say not yet productive but a whole lot more fun than OS neXt and
>> X-code....
>
> <lots of fun info snipped />
>
> So Linux is still that time sink where you can find 101 things to do
> other than that one crappy job you've been putting off for the past 2
> weeks anyway.
>
> Tempting but I'll have to pass.
>
> :-\

I can't speak for others but my main production machine is running
Ubuntu. I do most of my productivity stuff on it.
But then again, i'm a network guy, so it makes sense.

The old-ish dual G5 with its 8 gigabytes of memory is actually the time
sink machine, on my end.

In any case, why do you not try it for yourself? Just shove the livecd
in, and boot.