[X-Unix] rsync help

Craig Hoffman choffman at eclimb.net
Thu Jan 24 08:06:54 PST 2008

Hi There,
I'm trying to backup my music directory to a network drive.  The music
directory is quite large (176.81GB).   My plan is write a AppleScript
and schedule it in iCal.  I've done this before and it works well.
I've been experimenting with rsync and I can't seem to get it work
correctly.  It brings over the directories but none of the files.  I
also receive this error message: failed: Operation not supported (45)

Sample:
rsync -xrlptgoEv --ignore-existing /Volumes/Twilight/Music/ /Volumes/
teakettle/Music

Any help would be great.  I'm open to other ideas too.

Thanks,
Craig
Craig Hoffman
iChat / AIM: m0untaind0g