[X-Unix] old port for ssh

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpalaciosp at eml.cc
Tue May 6 23:22:05 PDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 12:03 AM, M K wrote:

> I need an older port of OpenSSH than what comes with Leopard.
>
> I have OpenSSH_5.0p1, I need a version of OpenSSH less than 4.5
>
> <aside> the reason is because my Extreme XOS switch doesn't like the
> new OpenSSH client for some reason.
> I do not know why this causes a problem, but it does and it's
> annoying...  :-S
> </aside>
>
> How do I remove the current port of OpenSSH?
> (I read somewhere that I just need to delete the current file, but
> that doesn't seem right)
>
> Where can I find a really old port so I don't have to compile it
> myself and risk screwing something up?
>

> many thanks in advance.

	We at MacPorts provide a port for openssh, but as it stands it is at
its latest release, 5.0p1. You could, however, backtrack it to
something prior to 4.5 and have MacPorts build the result for you, but
you have to be willing to do some subversion && MacPorts trickery. Let
me know if you're interested and I'll walk you through it.

	Disclaimer: I do not guarantee that such experiment will be
successful, I don't know if openssh 4.5 or earlier will build cleanly
on Mac OS X Leopard. I'm just saying we can attempt it.

	So, let me know. Regards,...

-jmpp