[X-Unix] old port for ssh

M K mike at lvnv.com
Wed May 7 19:38:46 PDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 5:16 AM, <ecrist at secure-computing.net> <ecrist at secure-computing.net
 > wrote:

> On Tue, 6 May 2008 21:33:05 -0700, M K <mike at lvnv.com> wrote:
>> I need an older port of OpenSSH than what comes with Leopard.
>>
>> I have OpenSSH_5.0p1, I need a version of OpenSSH less than 4.5
>>
>> <aside> the reason is because my Extreme XOS switch doesn't like the
>> new OpenSSH client for some reason.
>> I do not know why this causes a problem, but it does and it's
>> annoying...  :-S
>> </aside>
>>
>> How do I remove the current port of OpenSSH?
>> (I read somewhere that I just need to delete the current file, but
>> that doesn't seem right)
>>
>> Where can I find a really old port so I don't have to compile it
>> myself and risk screwing something up?
>
> The ssh command has the option to specify what version is used when
> connecting to a remote host.  I believe it's ssh -p <port> -<version>
> username at host, replace <version> with 1 or 2.  I think if you put a 1
> there, things will work just fine.
>
> HTH
>
> Eric Crist

No luck... I tried it just to be sure.
it has to be SSH v2

this is the error I get by the way...
channel 0: open failed: resource shortage: Channel open failed

and like I said, it only happens in openSSH 4.6 and later...

I'm sure it's bug in their SSH Daemon...so I need to get an old port
of OpenSSH