[X-Unix] old port for ssh

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu May 8 08:29:30 PDT 2008

On 8 May 2008, at 03:38, M K wrote:
>> The ssh command has the option to specify what version is used when
>> connecting to a remote host.  I believe it's ssh -p <port> -<version>
>> username at host, replace <version> with 1 or 2.  I think if you put a 1
>> there, things will work just fine.
>

> No luck... I tried it just to be sure.
> it has to be SSH v2
>
> this is the error I get by the way...
> channel 0: open failed: resource shortage: Channel open failed
>
> and like I said, it only happens in openSSH 4.6 and later...
>
> I'm sure it's bug in their SSH Daemon...so I need to get an old
> port of OpenSSH

It might just be that the client on your machine is trying to enforce
security standards which weren't available when the older server was
written. It may not be the version you have to change, but something
else - look, for example, at the variety of -o options in `man ssh`.

You might find that `ssh -v hostname` (or `ssh -v -v hostname` or
`ssh -v -v -v hostname`) gives more information about the problem and
enables you to find a workaround (using the current client).

Stroller.