[X-Unix] Was Folder, Became Application. Help!

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat May 24 19:02:27 PDT 2008

On 25 May 2008, at 01:42, Jon Warms wrote:
> ... It didn't work, but the Library changed to
> an application. Apparently, it's all there; it was about
> 30+ megabytes as a library, and it's about that size as
> an application.

This doesn't make sense to me, but then I've never done quite what
you describe.

Open iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > General.

What does it say under "iTunes Music Folder Location"?
I would not click the change or reset buttons at that point.

Open Terminal and type `ls ` (with the space, no quotes) and drag and
drop the "Library application" on to it. Press enter. What does it
say? Paste the results back to us.

> But I'd like to restore the clobbered folders. I used
> ed to look at the .app file, but I don't know what
> makes it an application and how to change that to
> a folder type.

What kind of Application is it? A white icon with a little red &
yellow triangle or whatever on it?

An application is merely a folder that has .app appended to the name.
So you can probably `cp -rvf ` this folder somewhere and then `mv
foldername.app folder`.

Stroller.