[X-Unix] How to REALLY kill Finder.

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Tue May 27 17:26:17 PDT 2008

On 28 May 2008, at 01:18, Eric F Crist wrote:

> Funny you bring this up, as I've heard rumors there are upcoming
> updates to the kernel addressing network file sharing and kernel
> hangs/panics and various page faults.  10.5.3 is going to have
> something like 200+ fixes.  Sorry I wasn't able to find you a
> better solution.

I really think now the problem was because I used the USB CFcard
adaptor - I have problems with this and with another SDcard adaptor
on both my Macs.

I remember that, after the copying process hung, I pulled it out and
it appeared to work fine on a Linux box, but when I put the card in
my PS3 it complained of file corruption. I formatted the card in my
camera, recopied the file to the CFcard (using the same USB adaptor)
on my Linux box and the file was perfectly viewable on the games
console.

Like I say, I find these USB "mass storage" adaptors flakey on two of
my Macs, so I do wonder if this is a problem with Apple's kernel
drivers.

Stroller.