[X-Unix] [ANN] unmac

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 7 12:57:41 PST 2009

On 7 Jan 2009, at 16:43, Xavier Noria wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Stroller <macmonster at myrealbox.com>
> wrote:
>
>>         else
>>           if [[ `$FILE -b "$1"` = "empty" && ${BASSNAME:0:4} =
>> "Icon" ]]
>
> What are those? Do you have any example?

It was a long time ago I wrote this - it looks to me like they're icon
files distributed by iconfactory.com, and perhaps I mistook them for a
general case?

I have, for instance:

SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/._Icon
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/Icon
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/CD
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/Go
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/DVD
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/USB
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/Smart Media
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/._Removable HD
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/._CD
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/._Go
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/CD-R
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/Burn
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/Find
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/._Movies Folder
SomeFolder/Icons/Clipper System/The Icons/._Icon

They in fact have a weird b0rk character on the end of the filename,
which doesn't show up in the above output from locate:

~ $ file /home/ftp/space/IMPORTANT\ -\ Silva\`s\ Backup/Desktop/Icons/
Clipper\ System/Icon^M
: emptytp/space/IMPORTANT - Silva`s Backup/Desktop/Icons/Clipper
System/Icon
~ $ ls /home/ftp/space/IMPORTANT\ -\ Silva\`s\ Backup/Desktop/Icons/
Clipper\ System/Icon^M
/home/ftp/space/IMPORTANT - Silva`s Backup/Desktop/Icons/Clipper
System/Icon?
~ $

This reminds me how much I fucking hate resource forks.

Stroller.