[X-Unix] [ANN] unmac

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Jan 8 04:29:41 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 10:44:28AM CST, Eric F Crist <ecrist at secure-computing.net> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Stroller wrote:
>>
>> Although I would love someone else to address this problem, I too
>> would be a little reluctant to use a solution that depended upon Ruby,
>> just because I don't know anything about the language. I just really
>> like Bash for this sort of thing, just because it's everywhere.
>
> Bash isn't everywhere, which is why I recommend sh.  Bash is in many
> places, and available almost everywhere, so it's becoming a popular
> scripting tool.

I thought bash was everywhere on OS X --- although I don't have
pre-Leopard installs to verify my comment.  And I don't know if
this bash shell script was meant to be run on OS X systems, or
whether it was intended to be executed by non-OSX systems (e.g.
Linux, FreeBSD) with read/write access to OS X volumes.

Portability is a b*tch sometimes.  :)

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/