[X-Unix] Finding Parent Directory of Searched-For File

Rick Gordon lists at rickgordon.com
Sun May 3 22:02:35 PDT 2009

How would I do a recursive search that will  provide a path to the parent folder of a searched-for file?

For instance, this command will find the file in a recursive search, but it provides no information on the path to that file:

(starting from a suitable starting place)
	ls -Rl | grep "Bookmarks.plist"

	-rw-rw-rw- 1 mobile mobile 100934 May  3 20:37 Bookmarks.plist
	-rw-rw-rw- 1 mobile mobile    143 Apr 30 22:12 Bookmarks.plist.anchor.plist
	-rw-rw-rw- 1 root   mobile 203551 Apr  9 09:00 Bookmarks.plist.bup

... will find all instances of files with Bookmarks.plist in the name, but does not provide any paths to the found files. How can I get the path?

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING