[X-Unix] What's the command?

Dave Higgins dhiggins at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 16 23:12:46 PDT 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 11:58 PM, Scott Buntin wrote:

> Steve already answered this, but it brought to mind another almost-forgotten command line goodie: apropos ("which commands might have something to do with …"). Similarly, man -k works too.

Hear that thumping? That's me knocking my hand to my head about 5 times. I can think of SO many times in the past that I've searched around in Google and elsewhere for other commands (either known and forgotten, like this, or looking for something new to me) where this apropos would have probably fit the bill.

This one IS going into the notes, as well as the fact that I archive mail for ages, so I should be able to come back to this if I happen to forget it.

Nice call.

Dave.