[X-Unix] Hardware RAID Setup

Martin McCormick martin at x.it.okstate.edu
Thu May 13 05:39:29 PDT 2010

It looks like everything worked. All that was needed was to tell
disk utility to "erase" the disks in the raid. It apparently did
newfs or mkfs afterward and created the new disk device. I did
make the mistake of manually mounting it and guess what, the
installer didn't see this as a valid drive any longer since it
was mounted so I restarted the system again from the
Installation disk and this time the installer saw the new drive
andsuccessfully installed MacOS.

	Thanks to all for the suggestions. I didn't know how
close I was to success. The next few days will tell whether the
raid is working as it should but all indications are that it is
fine.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer