os9 to osX migration for magazine

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Tue Aug 3 14:07:22 PDT 2004

Just wondering if there's anyone on this list, who has made or helped
make the migration from OS9 to OSX as far as dealing with something
like an art department for a monthly magazine.

I'm just talking about 4 or 5 people here, using PageMaker for the most
part.   In the end, they create PDF files of their pages to send to
their printer.

I've tried to get them to migrate to OSX, but they claim costs as a
problem, like buying multiple copies of Adobe InDesign.. which I've
considered buying for them and  training them on.. if I could just get
them off OS9 and all it's damn problems.

I was just wondering if there were any such success stories out there.
Anyone who had to switch from PageMaker to Indesign ?  or some other
page layout program to run in OSX ?

Kansas