[X4U] DVD Recording problems

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Fri Aug 6 09:20:29 PDT 2004

Try quitting all apps except Toast. Check your CDs for cleanliness.
Fingerprints and other hubris can cause reading problems. I assume you
are encoding directly from the CDs and not copying them to the HD
before burning the DVD. If all else fails, copy the stuff from the CDs
into a folder on your HD and burn from there.

You are burning in the Data pane and not the Audio pane, correct? DVD
burning is not available under Audio (in 6.0.5, anyway).
Try burning in simulation mode and see what happens.

On Aug 6, 2004, at 11:50 AM, verduron wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:
>
>> Yes, verduron, give us more to work with in helping you.
>> Tell us what sw you are using. Tell us what settings you used, what
>> you did and what result you got. What worked and what didn't. Where
>> did it go wrong? What dialogs did you receive?
>>
>> ps There are typically only 4.4GB useable disk space on the DVD
>> itself. Are you trying to record more than that?
>>
> On my hard drive I have 18 GB of free space. The reason I mentioned
> this is because I read somewhere it was important to have a fair
> amount of free space while recording DVDs.
> I am using Toast, latest version/update.
> Each time I tried to record, the computer or the application froze. It
> happened during the encoding.
> In Toast I chose DVD recording. I drag the AUDIO files in the window.
> Burnt at the proper speed. The right amount of data.
> I am at this point recording Audio Files. I am basically putting
> several CDs on a DVD.
> G4 1.25 GMz  / 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM
> Mac OS X 10.3.4

> <x4u-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <x4u-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in "Ask Me No Questions"
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at www.troutnc.com