installed modem in Sawtooth G4, 10.3.4; modem driver not found

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sat Aug 7 13:30:35 PDT 2004

Greetings and salutations,
I have installed an internal modem (card) in my AGP Graphics G4. Seated
well in the logic board socket, and connected to the cable from the
telephone line socket thingy. Phone line connected as well.

System Profiler says Modem driver not found.
I'm wondering if this is one of those things where if the
system/installer does not detect the hardware during install, the
driver does not get installed?
I searched the Panther install disks and did not find any files related
to the internal modem that are not already installed, but I certainly
could have missed something.

In any event, I have not found anything yet that suggests what my
problem might be.
I have reset the Cuda switch with no change in the status of the
internal modem.
Will appreciate enlightenment regarding this. TIA.

If it is a missing driver (kext file), will appreciate someone telling
me where to find one, or offering to attach to direct email (only need
one <g>). Thanks.

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in "Ask Me No Questions"
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at www.troutnc.com