Powerbook G4 1.33 GHz & CDW RAM

Nancy Spoolman nanc at spoolman.com
Sat Aug 7 14:23:35 PDT 2004

We ordered a 512 MB Chip for my Powerbook G4, 1.33 GHz from CDW. I
usually buy my personal RAM from Other World Computing and have never
had a problem. However, our district seems to want to buy from CDW. I
just installed the 2nd chip we received (first one locked the computer
up) and this one locks up, also. It says it's a SimpleTech chip and
that it's 2700 DDR for a Powerbook. Has anyone else experienced this
with their Powerbook. I just wonder if it's not a proprietary thing and
one has to put in Apple's RAM, which is far too expensive. I really
need the extra RAM! It has 512, but I certainly could use some more.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.  :)

Nanc

"Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks UP!"