iPhoto index broken

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Sun Aug 8 17:40:49 PDT 2004

I've just reformatted my harddrive. I backed up my iPhoto libraries and
copied them back to my fresh installation. I've reinstalled iPhoto 4.
But now iPhoto opens with with an empty library.

Has anyone found a solution for this? I use iPhoto Librarian so I've
got two iPhoto libraries. I"m not sure if that is part of the problem.
I had this once before when I tried to move an iPhoto library. The
solution was to reimport all the photos, but I lost my albums, keywords
and the ability to revert to originals. I think I used a program called
iPhoto extractor, or something. This time I stand to lose all the star
ratings I've assigned.

I'd rather fix my libraries. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim