[X4U] iTunes library on external drive

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 9 07:36:46 PDT 2004

On 8/9/04 4:26 PM, "alexandre" <mac.k at a2k.ch> wrote:

> hi
> today i decided to move my itunes library to an external drive, freeing
> 25gb on my 40gb hd...
>
> i copied (and deleted) the the "itunes" folder from my "music" folder
> to a 30gb partition (called "off_music") on an external 80gb fw lacie
> drive.
> i opened itunes, went into the preferences and told it were the new
> folder was, clicked ok, and then consolidated my library ("regrouper la
> bibliothèque" in french), but nothing happens...
>
> am i missing something?

You want to go to the iTunes preferences, click Advanced, then click Change
and navigate to your new folder's location. Click OK after you've done this,
and everything should be fine.

Kirk

                    Forthcoming book: iPod/iTunes Garage
                        http://www.mcelhearn.com
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .