[X4U] panther 10.3.5

lists3-200402 lists3-200402 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 10 14:29:26 PDT 2004

Kirk McElhearn <kirklists at wanadoo.fr>

>IMHO, this is unfortunate. We have returned to the pre-OS X days where
>systems were machine-dependant.
>
>[snip]
>
>Kirk

kirk,

how do you figure? :) we've been making builds for os9.x that are not
machine specific or machine dependant for years. do a "custom
install" and make sure everything is installed. then create extension
sets that match the hardware...do an RSET to lock the set...repeat
for each machine. we have several environments with ONE os9 build for
hundreds of different workstations.

for osx and the new 10.3.5 update, we ran the update on our build and
reimaged...boots ALL computers fine. our master build machine is a
dual 2g g5.

don