Single user not an Admin user: A fix anyone?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Aug 10 21:46:33 PDT 2004

A client of mine has Powerbook that was returned back from an Apple authorized service center but there is now an unusual problem.

The single and only user is not an Admin user but is instead a Standard user. As such, no updates can be done. Root is not enabled as far as I can tell. Is there any command within Terminal or within NetInfo Manager that might enable me to modify this single user to Admin status? or do I have to back up and replace the system? If I have to back up and reinstall, where do I find the Apple Mail database?
--

Robert Ameeti

The gent who wakes up and finds himself a success hasn't been asleep.