[X4U] panther 10.3.5

William Jurgenson wjsjlauffen at t-online.de
Tue Aug 10 21:57:09 PDT 2004

Hi,

mine is 7M34 as well on a B&WG3/400/640mb/40gb HD,
B&WG3/500/512mb/80gb, and 12" iBook 800 (2003)/384mb/30gb.

Don't what I am doing wrong, but I have never had any trouble with OSX
or its updates - and absolutely none with this one. I stay away from
haxies and don't fool around with the /system/library and regularly do
at least  sudo/ sh/ etc/daily.
I have the suspicion that "streamlining" causes most of the grief, and
I do well remember how much fun it was tayloring pre-X OSs (back to 6)
to the specific needs and machines, and how undispensable Resedit was.
Just don't do it.
Period.
There's no need with today's Macs, even with what are now oldies like
my orginal iMac233/192mb/ which has never run better. Since going to
Panther, I have given it to my daughter who doesn't know diddlysquat
about computers: she runs it 24/7 and it never acts up -  never.

sorry for the rant

Bill

http://www.zabernet.de/bill/tuning.html