[X4U] Re:Software Update

Stephen Foster foster at pop.ca.inter.net
Thu Dec 2 05:05:18 PST 2004

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Alec McKenzie wrote:
>
>> I have Software Update set to check daily for new updates. Recently it
>> has been reporting every day that iPod Updater 2004-11-15 is new or
>> updated software, in spite of my making it Inactive each time.
>>
>> What more can I do to convince Software Update that I don't have an
>> iPod
>> and don't wish to be reminded of this every day?
> Allan Hise <allan at hise.org>wrote:
> The only way to make it go away is to buy an iPod! ;)
>
> Seriously though, I'm not sure. You could always let it download &
> install. It should have no affect on anything but an iPod (since it is
> just an App in the /Applications/Utilities folder).

But what if you have an earlier iPod, for which you've downloaded the
appropriate update, and don't want to keep seeing the notification for
an update you don't need or want to just install to get rid of the
notification? Telling Software Update to ignore it gets a warning that
all similar updates will not be shown.
Stephen