[X4U] Re: X4U] Finder Window Column Help

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 13 16:11:11 PST 2004

On 12/13/04, revDAVE <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:

>>>  I would like to gain control over the column on the left side of the
>>>Finder
>>> window.  Currently, it appears as though every new window will open up
>>>based
>>> on settings from last time I resized the width of the left column.
>>>
>>>  is it possible to have a global setting for this - and also at the same
>>> time set individual Windows differently? For example I would basically like
>>> to leave it open for most new Windows ( Global -  new Windows) - however
>>> other Windows I would prefer to make a very narrow width ( individual)...

You're out of luck. There isn't any global setting for that. The only thing
you can control is whether anything displays in the sidebar or not and what
to display. I personally detest the sidebar and have deselected everything.
Likewise, all my windows are set to list view, since I don't like either
the icon or column views.