[X4U] printing from 125 miles away?

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Mon Dec 13 18:05:56 PST 2004

The other morning I found a nice note from my teenager on the printer.
The only odd thing was that iBook used to print the note was 125 miles
away at the time.

I set up the iBook to use my local printer and I do have an Airport.
The office network, printer and Airport, are behind a firewall. My
teenager took the iBook to school and was in the dorm when the note was
printed.

?!?

How could the iBook have located and communicated with the HP printer?
Where would you start looking?

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210

P.S. This may be a prank that I am falling for. Wouldn't be the first
time. :-)