[X4U] PPC 9600 issue

Antonino Cuscina' nezecus at tin.it
Tue Dec 14 13:13:12 PST 2004

Nanc thanks for ur replay,
i'll check for the firewire drives firmware update, but could it be
that both
the two drives need a firmware update?

Ted thanks for ur replay,
i hope both the firewire LaCie Porsche 250 and the SQP 160 have the
Oxford
chip set, btw your hypothesis that the two drives could send and demand
data
too fast for the card to handle seems to be a good one for me, but what
can be
done as a workaround for this issue? is there any software around that
can slower
the firewire drives data transfer?

Chris thanks for ur replay,
4 of the internal hds are connected to an Adaptec 3940UW and i thought
it could be
something wrong with it, but the fact that the transfer fails also with
the 5th drive
connected to the mac internal scsi chain makes me think different about
it.

i have a G4 connected to the 9600 through ethernet and i also tried
this operation
from here with the result that both mac freezes. btw i can freely pass
files
to and from all of the 9600 drives to the G4 hds.