[X4U] Re: Problems upgrading to MacOSX 10.3.6

Peter Sealy pandcsealy at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 14 12:29:33 PST 2004

On 15/12/2004, at 5:14 AM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> I'm surprised no one else has had problems with excessively long
> logins.

snip

The Discussion Boards on Apple have several long threads on this
problem. One reason for increased startup times for many folk seems to
be font issues [large numbers and incorrectly placed]. I have only the
standard fonts and have not moved or replaced them so that factor is
not an issue for me yet my startup time on my TiPB 867, 768 RAM, 10.3.6
has gone from about one minute to two. Like many others I have resigned
myself to the problem being a quirk of the 10.3.6 upgrade and am
resolved to just waiting for 10.3.7 [next week? week after? week after
that?].

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA